We are delighted to inform you of the launch of Aptamil Pepti Syneo, Northern Ireland’s only extensively hydrolysed formula (EHF) to contain a combination of prebiotics and probiotics (synbiotics) that work synergistically.
Aptamil Pepti Syneo is a nutritionally complete whey-based EHF, for the 1st line dietary management of infants with cow’s milk allergy (CMA) who require a hypoallergenic formula. It is suitable as a sole source of nutrition from birth and as part of a balanced weaning diet from around 6 months onwards.
APTAMIL PEPTI SYNEO PRODUCT FEATURES
- The only EHF to contain a combination pre- and probiotics (synbiotics) that work synergistically.
- Compared to non-synbiotic EHFs, Aptamil Pepti Syneo has been shown to support improved symptom management1–4 including: reduction in wind and abdominal discomfort1; reduction in atopic dermatitis severity2**,3; and a reduction in constipation1-2.
- Modulates the gut microbiota2to support long-term health and immunity5–8
- Whey-based and contains lactose for superior palatability9
APTAMIL PEPTI SYNEO PRODUCT CODES
Aptamil Pepti Syneo is now available using the following codes:
- Aptamil Pepti Syneo 400g: PIP-code 346-5689
- Aptamil Pepti Syneo 800g : PIP-code 391-8976
FURTHER INFORMATION ON APTAMIL PEPTI SYNEO
For further information on Aptamil Pepti Syneo and/or to order products for professional evaluation, please contact your local Nutricia representative, or contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org, call us on 0800 783 4379, or visit www.nutricia.co.uk.
Nutricia Ireland Ltd.
- Atwal K et al. An extensively hydrolysed synbiotic-containing formula improves gastrointestinal outcomes in infants with non-IgE cow’s milk protein allergy, already well-established on extensively hydrolysed formula. Poster Presentation. European Academy of Allergy and Clinical Immunology Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Meeting 2020.
- Van Der Aa LB, et al. Effect of a new synbiotic mixture on atopic dermatitis in infants: a randomized-controlled trial. Clin Exp Allergy. 2010;(40):795–804
- Browne et al. A synbiotic EHF may help improve atopic dermatitis-like symptoms and parental QOL in infants with non-IgE mediated cow’s milk allergy. Poster Presentation. European Academy of Allergy and Clinical Immunology Paediatric Allergy and Anaphylaxis Meeting 2019.
- Browne et al. A new synbiotic EHF for infants with cow’s milk protein allergy is well tolerated, highly acceptable and supports good growth and intake over 28 days. Poster Presentation. British Society Allergy and Clinical Immunology Meeting 2019.
- Van der Aa, LB et al., Synbiotics prevent asthma-like symptoms in infants with atopic dermatitis. Allergy. 2011;66:170-177
- Martin R et al. Early life: gut microbiota and immune development in infancy. Benef Microbes. 2010;1(4):367–82.
- Wopereis H et al. The first thousand days – intestinal microbiology of early life: establishing a symbiosis. Pediatr Allergy Immunol. 2014;25:428–38.
- Harvey BM et al. Effects on growth and tolerance and hypoallergenicity of an amino acid–based formula with synbiotics. Pediatr Res. 2014;75:343–51.
- Maslin K et al., Palatability of hypoallergenic formulas for cow’s milk allergy and healthcare professional recommendation. Pediatr Allergy Immunol. 2018;29:857–862.
**subgroup of n=48 infants with IgE associated atopic dermatitis.